- Twin Cummins QSKTA50-CE diesel engines meet U.S. EPA Tier 2 emission regulations and provide powerful performance.
- The electric motor option runs on a HITACHI TFOA-KK high voltage, three-phase, squirrel cage induction motor.
Durable Structure and Undercarriage
- High-mounted compact travel motors are protected from rock damage. Optional travel motor guards provide an even higher level of protection from damage,The rigid box design resists bending and twisting forces, giving you stability and strength on any job.
- The large bucket is shaped specifically to enhance digging and loading operations. Its sharp tilt angle helps boost operating efficiency by allowing the operator better use of the bucket digging forces, and after digging, keeping more of the material in the bucket while loading the haul truck.
- The cast steel structures, integrated into the center track frame, assist in avoiding stress concentration and increase reliability.
- The advanced hydraulic system tops the industry for smooth, efficient combined operations of the front attachment and swing, delivering quick cycle times.
- Electric joystick control levers provide precise and almost effortless operation.The multi-display, color LCD monitor provides machine data, operating status and alerts at a glance. The monitor can be preset to indicate replacement intervals for engine oil, hydraulic oil and filters.
- The computer-aided Engine-Pump Control (E-P Control) system senses load demand and adjusts power to the work being performed.
- The one-lever leveling control boosts productivity through efficient operation of the bucket through the dig cycle. This is an exclusive Hitachi feature available on front shovel attachments.
- The air suspension, multi-position seat can be customized to the operator’s needs and adjusted according to operator weight.
- The sturdy cab protects operators from falling objects. The cab’s top guard conforms to OPG Level II (ISO) specifications. The entire cab sits on a package of fluid-filled elastic mounts that reduce vibrations and deliver a more comfortable ride.
- The 7.64-meter (25.1 ft.) high, forward sloping cab provides a clear view of the work site – even when loading trucks.
- The well-insulated, pressurized cab keeps out dust and is air conditioned.
Easy to Maintain
- The centralized filter circle system makes inspection and maintenance quicker and more convenient.
- A contamination sensor alerts the operator before it’s too late of accumulated contaminants in the oil that could cause damage.
- Located at the center of the machine, a wide-open service area gives you access to the engine as well as hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Folding stairs with wide steps allow for easy accessibility, servicing and maintenance.
- A walkway around the entire counterweight provides easy access to rear areas for faster, safer inspections and maintenance.
- The compartment floor slides down to lower a grease drum can for quick replacement.
- An ejector automatically expels dust from the air cleaner, giving you one less maintenance task.
- The auto-lubrication system for the front joint pins and swing saves you time.
Remote Machine Management
- With Global e-Service, an online machine management system, you can access each on-site machine from a PC in your office. You can get its operating information and location to increase productivity. Operating data and log are sent to a Hitachi server for processing, and then to customer ad dealers. This systems is available 24/7/365