- Choice of Cummins or MTU engine in Final Tier 4 (FT4) or Fuel Calibration Optimized (FCO) configurations.
- Fuel Consumption Optimization (FCO) technologies and hydraulic system improvements reduce fuel consumption by 4 percent versus the EX3600-6 with Cummins engine configuration.
- A Hitachi TFOA-KK electric motor option is available in the U.S. and Latin American markets. The motor’s voltage of AC 6000 – 6600 V/50 Hz results in a rated continuous output of 1200kw.
Durable Structure and Undercarriage
- The EX3600-7 features a stronger, more durable mainframe than previous models. Stress is now more evenly dispersed across the improved frame shape, increasing machine durability and reducing downtime.
- The proven Hitachi-patented track shoe design mitigates premature wear of the drive-lugs. Each shoe is induction-hardened utilizing Hitachi’s unique processes to deliver a more durable solution.
- The undercarriage has three, double-sided pedestal-designed upper rollers on each side of the track frame to maintain track shoe clearance and provide protection from debris buildup, reducing shoe and roller wear.
- Hitachi’s exclusive center track frame delivers optimal stress dispersion through the use of specifically designed castings to reduce welds in critical high stress areas.
- The EX3600-7 undercarriage has three, double-sided pedestal-designed upper rollers on each side of the track frame to maintain track shoe clearance and provide protection from debris buildup, reducing shoe and roller wear.
- Front attachment hoses have been rearranged from the traditional arch style to an underslung configuration, removing the need for clamping to help reduce chafing and increase reliability.
- A larger hydraulic oil cooler with variable speed fan reduces energy demand and creates a more reliable hydraulic system.
- The advanced hydraulic system tops the industry for smooth, efficient, combined operations of the front attachment and swing, delivering quick cycle times.
- Each individually controlled hydraulic pump has its own electric regulator, enhancing engine power, lowering fuel consumption and increasing productivity to lower the total cost of operation.
- The flow regeneration valve fitted to the hydraulic system reduces pump demand, ultimately reducing power requirements from the hydraulic system and engine. The result is lower fuel consumption and improved pump life.
- Fitted with an LED back-light to provide improved clarity with reduced glare and reflection, the multi-functional display provides key machine information and performance indicators through use of an integrated dial switch interface.
- The on-board inclinometer offers two predetermined safety limits to assist the operator. If the first safety limit is exceeded, the operator receives a visual alert prompting corrective action. The alert escalates to an audible alarm if the second safety limit is breached.
- Integrated electronic joysticks enable precise and almost effortless operation, minimizing operator fatigue and improving operational performance.
- The new on-board electronic controller receives signals from angle sensors fitted to the main frame, boom and arm to control the pump flow rate and cylinder speed. Shock at stroke end of the cylinder cycle is reduced, improving operator comfort and lowering impact on cylinders and structures for more reliable operation.
- The loading shovel attachment is equipped with an auto-leveling crowd mechanism that controls the bucket at a constant angle.
- The automatic, weight-adjusting air suspension seat calculates optimal cushioning to match the operator’s weight, enhancing comfort and minimizing vibration.
- The pressurized cab’s climate-controlled air conditioning optimizes filtering of interior and exterior air. Plus, a new flexi-vent system provides a personalized environment.
- Tinted, laminated windows and retractable front and side roll screens help to reduce heat, glare and harmful UV rays.
- The Level II Operator Protective Guard (OPG) provides protection from falling objects, ensuring an added layer of safety and assurance to the operator.
- An escape chute has been added to the side of the cab for use in an emergency.
Easy to Maintain
- The centralized fast-filling system provides easy access from the ground to refill and evacuate lubricants, water, grease and fuel.
- The redesigned center joint is self-lubricating utilizing the machine’s hydraulic oil, reducing the need for daily maintenance.
- The cab riser features a pressurizer system to reduce dust infiltration, extending service life of the electronic components and devices within.
- Contamination sensors are located on all main hydraulic pumps to detect any contaminants that may cause damage to the hydraulic system.
- A swing circle cover has been added to the outside of the swing bearing to provide protection to the lubrication piping against damage from debris.
- With Global e-Service, an online machine management system, you can access each on-site machine from a PC in your office. You can get its operating information and location to increase productivity. Operating data and log are sent to a Hitachi server for processing, and then to customer and dealers. This system is available 24/7/365.
- The optional Aerial Angle system provides the operator with a real-time birds-eye view around their excavator. Cameras strategically mounted on the machine combine to a single aerial view of the EX2600-7 surroundings. Multiple screen display options can be selected on the cab’s 7-inch Aerial Angle monitor for ease of operation.