Just like the rest of the Hitachi excavators, the EX1200-6 (available in both front-shovel and backhoe configurations) has a rock-solid reputation. It is engineered to give you the flexibility to handle many different jobs. You get strong horsepower, an efficient engine, comfortable cab, advanced hydraulics, tough frame and powerful arm-and bucket-digging forces so you can get more work down every day.
The EX1200-6 comes standard equipped with Hitachi’s Global e-Service remote machine management system, which gives you access to each on-site machine from a PC in your office.
- Get more up time form the efficient Cummins EPA Tier 2 diesel engine that’s one of the most fuel-efficient engines of all, plus is very Eco-friendly.
Durable Structure and Undercarriage
- Two grease-filled floating pins, at the boom top and at linkage, increase the sealing ability, extend pin life and reduce repair costs. Wear plates are provided on both sides of a boss at the arm top.
- The travel devices are compact-designed to reduce damage for higher mobility, reducing downtime.
- The center track frame of integral cast steel structure can avoid stress concentration and increase reliability.
- Track links are enlarged to increase strength for higher durability and reliability especially on rugged ground.
- You get rock-solid durability from a rigid box frame that resists bending and twisting forces, and provides great strength and balance to handle heavy digging and loading jobs.
- The EX1200-6 provides you with an upgraded, more brawny undercarriage. The large diameter swing bearing provides increased reliability and durability, plus improved stability.
- Both standard and BE booms have thicker plate steel. The buckets are stronger and larger, and the refined mechanisms produce increased lift capacity and durability.
- You can get optional full-length track guards that protect the tracks against rocks and other objects. In addition, wider track shoes and a longer undercarriage frame are available to improve flotation in soft conditions.
- You get flexible boom/swing modes. The boom or sowing-priority mode can be selected for higher production.
- When swing angle is small in a cycle of digging, swinging and dumping, boom raise speed increases to reduce a cycle time. When swing angle is large in a cycle of digging, swinging and dumping, swing speed increases to reduce a cycle time.
- The boom re-circulation system efficiently recirculates oil in the boom circuit when the boom lowers, delivering more pressurized oil to the arm to increase arm-lowering speed
- The oil cooler is separated from the radiator to effectively cool down hydraulic oil. This helps extend the service lift of hydraulics.
- The color LCD monitor displays operating and machine-event information, which adds to productivity and helps lower downtime with better, on-ime maintenance.
- The short-throw pilot control levers provide extremely precise and smooth boom and bucket control, requiring less effort and movement.
- The multi-function, multi-language LCD monitor is easy to read and provides key data about the excavator. The Global e-Service mining system uses a data logging unit to record daily operating conditions and warnings. The monitor can be preset to indicate replacement intervals for engine oil, hydraulic oil and filters.
- The standard remote rear-view monitoring camra gives the operator wider vision of the work area and eliminates almost all blind spots.
- The heated, multi-position, air-suspension seat travels 266 mm (10.5 inches), together or independently of the control console, allowing operators to customize their working environment.
- The sturdy cab protects operators from falling objects. The cab’s top guard conforms to OPG Level II (ISO) specifications. The entire cab sits on a package of fluid-filled elastic mounts that reduce vibrations and deliver a more comfortable ride.
- An optional slide ladder give the operator even easier access to the cab and working platform.
Easy to Maintain
- The radiator and oil cooler are arranged side by side to increase cooling efficiency. This also reduces cleaning time and effort.
- The auto dust ejector automatically ejects airborne dust and partials to keep filter elements clean and extend their replacement intervals.
- An air conditioner filter is located next to the cab door behind the operator seat for easy cleaning and replacing.
- An electric grease gun (pail can type) is provided standard with a hose reel for convenient lubrication of the swing circle and bucket pin.
- The auto lubrication system is provided standard at the front attachment to simplify daily maintenance, except for the bucket pin and swing circle.
- Delivery filters, newly added to the delivery side of hydraulic pumps, effectively protect hydraulic lines from accidents.
Remote Machine Management
- With Global e-Service, an online machine management system, you can access each on-site machine form a PC in your office. You can get its operating information and location to increase productivity. Operating data and log are sent to a Hitachi server for processing and then to customer and dealers. This system is available 54/7/365.